From Storytelling Flow:
"I'm really pleased with how quickly a (somewhat) cogent plot has developed from minimal voluntary invention on my part. …Another thing that is interesting about this is that it's started me sketching again, which I honestly have not done to any great degree in probably five or six years." - Theodore Malian
- I've been struggling to pull a full story together despite having ideas all the time. This class gave me effective tools to follow through with the storytelling process.
- The course was fun, interesting and useful. I've already used the process on other projects.
- Very inspiring teacher! Well structured sequence of exercises that really helped me to develop my work.
- I love the fact that I can study at SAW without being there in person (as much as I would love that). I appreciate the democratic access to this rather sophisticated education. The value of the class was to me very high- receiving college quality instruction for that price seems crazy. Totally grateful!
- Really, Tom, this was an amazing course. You opened up whole lot of creative possibilities for me. I am really looking forward to more courses!
From Depth and Details:
Justine takes a lot of the mystery out of composing a solid drawing, explains techniques that anyone can use, and does it in clear, simple terms. Taking this class was kind of like watching that show where magicians reveal how their tricks are done and realizing that with some practice, you can do them too. If you're struggling or not progressing with your work, take this class. If you're on the fence about taking this class, just TAKE THIS CLASS! - Dave Hotstream
Justine, thank you so much for giving this course! You haven't seen me much, but believe me when I say it really changed me. Thank you! - Ayal Pinkus
These famous cartoonists have studied with Tom Hart and tweeted these things:
Testimonials from Tom's students in New York City:
Tom created a teaching environment that fostered open discussion, unbiased attitudes and a love for understanding how comics work and the kind of work we wanted to make. - Jess Fink
|Tom's approach to education and guidance offers sensitivity and candor in equal measure. He offers technical insight across genre boundaries, adapting his criteria to each student's goals and aesthetic preferences. - Dan Strauss|
|Tom is a magical teacher and all-around great guy. He did not just help my brain understand how to create a good comic, but also opened my eyes to tons of great cartoonists, provided advice outside of class time, helped me find a thesis advisor, lent me fantastic books, etc. (the list goes on.) - Jess Worby|
|You make comic stories, storytelling so exciting and fun. I know I came to you with a crazy idea of writing a story. I don't think I'd have embarked on such an ambitious journey without your enthusiasm, boundless optimism, and most importantly, a belief in the story - Anna Kim|