Are you writing your graphic memoir?
Do you need feedback, guidance, and accountability?
to our graphic memoir intensive working group!
If you are working on autobiographical work, a graphic memoir, whether large or small, this is the place to be.
I've taught hundred of students, and my own memoir debuted at #1 on the NY Times Bestseller List.
I'm here to help you find your material, find your voice, with an audience of like-minded readers/creators.
The Graphic Memoir Working Group started in Nov 2017 and has been AMAZING...
And there's plenty of room for you.
Come into the group, introduce yourself, and you'll get instant access to the abundance of materials below and wisdom from me and the rest of the past and present group.
Every week is a little different. Potential topics and exercises are all bundled in the curriculum below, and it's always growing! We'll pull from these materials as needed during class time, but you're always welcome to dive in and look around.
- the fear of getting started
- personal material gathering
- general structure
- different tones of voice
- visual metaphor
- getting around sticky personal situations
- cleaning up your room!
- and the in-depth ways we can be compelling on the page
- and much much much more (I'm always surprised myself!)
Past students of mine know that I’m quick to tailor exercises and discussions according to the needs of the group or even individuals.
It may be that some people need guided exercises and others want discussions and feedback. Both are always accommodated.
This group has been dynamic, rich, supportive and super-interesting.
Want to see what real people are like? Want to see real people telling their stories? Want to tell your own?
Want to make your graphic memoir come alive?
This group will focus and inspire you. Let's make your story happen!
- Introductions, characters, plots and themes FREE PREVIEW
- Wordpress Community Invitation
- Rosalie Lightning Pitch PDF
- Problems and Characters in Fun Home and Epileptic FREE PREVIEW
- Assignment in the group FREE PREVIEW
- Assignment in PDF form
- Introduction to Drawing Bodies and Heads FREE PREVIEW
- Drawing the Figure - Famous Artists Cartoon Course
- Drawing the Head - Famous Artists Cartoon Course
- Cartooning the Head in Detail - Famous Artists Cartoon Course
- Cartooning the Figure in Detail - Famous Artists Cartoon Course
- Drawing Children, Adults and Teens
- Emotions PDF
- Random Bodies and Stuff
- Introduction to Show and Tell FREE PREVIEW
- Scott McCloud - Chapter 6 Show and Tell
- David Mamet On Directing Film Excerpt
- Introduction to Composition in the Panel FREE PREVIEW
- Molly Bang - How Pictures Work - brief PDF introduction FREE PREVIEW
- Video: Staging Characters in the Panel FREE PREVIEW
- Disney's Basics of Composition PDF FREE PREVIEW
- Storyboarding the Simpsons Way - Composition PDF
- Panel Composition by Kali Ceisemier
- Drawing for Comics from Tom Hart's Comic Strips Book FREE PREVIEW
- Wally Wood's 22 Panels "That Always Work"
- How To Read (and make) a Single-Panel Cartoon - by Tom Hart FREE PREVIEW
- Body Language PDF
- Silhouettes PDF
- Video: Using Reference
- Video: Some Principles of Comics
- Coloring from Tom Hart's Comic Strips Book
- Page Compositions Part 1