From Storytelling Flow:
"I'm really pleased with how quickly a (somewhat) cogent plot has developed from minimal voluntary invention on my part. …Another thing that is interesting about this is that it's started me sketching again, which I honestly have not done to any great degree in probably five or six years." - Theodore Malian
- I've been struggling to pull a full story together despite having ideas all the time. This class gave me effective tools to follow through with the storytelling process.
- The course was fun, interesting and useful. I've already used the process on other projects.
- Very inspiring teacher! Well structured sequence of exercises that really helped me to develop my work.
- I love the fact that I can study at SAW without being there in person (as much as I would love that). I appreciate the democratic access to this rather sophisticated education. The value of the class was to me very high- receiving college quality instruction for that price seems crazy. Totally grateful!
- Really, Tom, this was an amazing course. You opened up whole lot of creative possibilities for me. I am really looking forward to more courses!
These famous cartoonists have studied with Tom Hart and tweeted these things:
Testimonials from Tom's students in New York City:
Tom created a teaching environment that fostered open discussion, unbiased attitudes and a love for understanding how comics work and the kind of work we wanted to make. - Jess Fink
|Tom's approach to education and guidance offers sensitivity and candor in equal measure. He offers technical insight across genre boundaries, adapting his criteria to each student's goals and aesthetic preferences. - Dan Strauss|
|Tom is a magical teacher and all-around great guy. He did not just help my brain understand how to create a good comic, but also opened my eyes to tons of great cartoonists, provided advice outside of class time, helped me find a thesis advisor, lent me fantastic books, etc. (the list goes on.) - Jess Worby|
|You make comic stories, storytelling so exciting and fun. I know I came to you with a crazy idea of writing a story. I don't think I'd have embarked on such an ambitious journey without your enthusiasm, boundless optimism, and most importantly, a belief in the story - Anna Kim|